Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the classes located?
- Classes are held in a private kung fu school in Miami, Florida. In order to maintain a high level of quality instruction and minimize interruptions, the specific address is not disclosed on the internet. If you are interested and would like to learn kung fu, please contact Sifu Smith for more information.
Is Ving Tsun good for women?
- Indeed, Ving Tsun is great for women. As a matter of fact, it was created by a woman with the intent of gearing the self defense aspect of martial arts towards people who were not necessarily strong or muscular. It is a real self defense system that is easy to learn and works for sure - women can learn to protect themselves without getting hurt. Sifu Robert Smith is an honest teacher that cares about his students. He will gauge the rate at which you learn and train you accordingly. You learn at your own pace. Through repetition, you will train self defense techniques that work in the street - and you will practice them with individuals of all sizes and strengths.
- The most common pronunciation (and spelling) is Wing Chun.
- No. Ving Tsun is not a sport, not for tournament fighting, or competitions. It is a valuable self defense, a way of life and method of self improvement.
- Although there is no English equivalent, the words Kung Fu mean hard work for a long time, of a skillful person.
- There is no belt ranking system. Instead a respect for elders is practiced. The instructor is called SIFU (teacher). Classmates who start before you are called SI-HING (older kung fu brother). Classmates who start after you are called SI-DAI (younger kung fu brother).